Contributed by Gerald Michaud, Broker , Manager HomeLife/Realty One Ltd., Brokerage
During the summer season our Realtors stay active by helping and keeping people informed. We love providing expert real estate services and would love to hear from you. Considering the impact it has on buyers, why not make your home summer ready indoors and out? Let’s bring the best of the season into our homes. Here are our top seven ways how:
1. Let the sunshine in! Open the windows and change the curtains.
2. Adding bright flowers by the front entrance will boost the curb appeal immediately.
3. A fresh coat of paint goes a long way to brighten and revitalise your space. Unsure which colour to choose? Consult with a colour expert at the local hardware store or neighbourhood design firm.
4. Remove dark pieces and add a few brightly coloured accessories to your favourite seating area, such as cushions or throws.
5. Create a backyard oasis with simple, yet elegant, touches such as strands of clear outdoor lights, a graphic outdoor rug, and a pair of oversized hurricane lamps.
6. Why not give old furniture a new lease on life by spray painting it in a high gloss finish. Don’t forget to prime the items properly.
7. Create an impromptu bar area by taking advantage of pieces that you already have. Top an ottoman with a framed mirror as your serving tray and find a new home for you summer thirst quenchers – cheers!
In next to no time, your home will have a new fresh look for the summer months!