Contributed by Victoria Braude – Trust Realty Group Sales Representative — It feels so good to give presents- especially when you choose to shop local. It’s a great way to support your local community and benefit your neighbourhood. This year escape the city centre rush and enjoy your Christmas shopping in Cabbagetown.
Here’s the list of my personal favourites: by Victoria Braude
- Eclectisaurus 249 Gerrard St East – Funky boutique offers a carefully chosen selection of Mid-Century Modern, Vintage and 20th Century design. It looks like an antique museum inside and is a perfect spot to find a unique accessory or piece of art for your home.
- Kendall and Co 514 Parliament St – Extraordinary home décor and award winning customer service. Come take a look at their stunning window display and impressive selection of Christmas ornaments! (David Bowie is my favourite)
- Labour of love 223 Carlton St – Charming concept store where you can find lots of gift ideas. Their staff is lovely and very helpful. Plus this is an event space where you can attend a trunk show or book your next workshop!
- Spruce Toronto Home Décor + Gifts 455 Parliament St- A unique home goods store focuses on highlighting locally made products while also restoring vintage pieces. Prepare to get lost! Also their candle selection is out of this world!
- Wonder Pens Studio Shop 290 Gerrard St East- A family-run shop that carries specialty fountain pens and stationery supplies. This studio offers a wide selection from German companies to Japanese, and very unique brands such as Classiky and Edison.