This tasty smoothie packs a lot of nutrition, has anti-inflammatory properties and supports the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Plan ahead and keep washed and cut ingredients in the fridge to make your daily smoothie preparation quick and easy. You can add some protein powder or pair it with a hardboiled egg for an energizing breakfast on the go.
- 1-2 cups cooled green tea
- 1 cored apple, cut into chunks
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled & sliced
- 2 large kale leaves, stem removed
- 2-3 romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ beet, sliced
- 1 handful broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
Blend all ingredients together until smooth and drink immediately. Makes 2-3 servings (about 750ml).
Sandy Badgley, B.A., R.H.N. is the owner of
PINSTRIPE NUTRITION www.pinstripenutition.ca