Contributed by Sharon Fuchs of Waningan Organic Fruit and vegetable store
- 1 pound frozen, organic corn
- 8 cups vegetable broth, low sodium and no sugar added
- 1 cup dry millet
- 2 cups dry garbanzo beans (soaked overnight, min 4 hours and rinsed – discard soaking water)
- 1/2 cup kale finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 796ml can crushed tomato, no sugar added
- 1 398ml can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup water (optional)
- 1 lime juiced
Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high (if you’ll be home to watch it) for 6-8 hours. Or cook on low for 8-10 if you won’t be home to watch it.
If the stew has thickened too much, add 1 cup of water and stir to combine. Continue adding water, 1 cup at a time until you get the consistency you want. Just keep in mind that this is meant to be a thicker stew.
Note: Slow cookers will vary. Adjust cooking times accordingly. Stew is finished when beans are cooked.
For more great organic recipes and information visit www.wanigan.com