Contributed by the George Brown Cooking School
INGREDIENTS-QTY. PERPORTION (metric)-SPECIFICATIONS
- Butter-45 g
- Apple, granny smith-1 pc-Peeled, chopped
- Onion-1 pc-Peeled, chopped
- Potatoes-200 g-Peeled, chopped
- Butternut squash-600 g-Peeled, seeded and chopped
- Carrot-200 g-Peeled, chopped
- Chicken stock-1.25 lt-White
- Maple syrup-30 ml
- 35% cream-250 ml
- Salt & white pepper powder-To taste
- Heat a stock pot over medium to high heat; melt the butter, and sauté the onion and apple for about 5 minutes until the onion and apple are tender.
Add the chicken stock, potatoes, carrot and squash.
- Bring the soup to a quick boil and then let simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Puree the soup and strain through china cap.
- Return pureed soup into the stock pot, add the maple syrup and season with salt and pepper.
Add the cream just before service.